Jan 17, 2008

MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY FIRST MAJOR MUSIC VIDEO! "SHE GOT IT" !


Pretty crazy right, so I get a phone call that theres a casting in Tampa for this video, and im like hmmm...should I go? I had to be in work in an hour, so I just decided to wing it and call out! ugh! i know, but hey you never know right? So i drive to Tampa with my cousin and we get there and I fill out some papers and wait till my turn and when i go in they basically tell you to look in the camera and say your name, age and stuff. the casting was LITERALLY 2 minutes long! I walk out and this guy calls me in this conference room and walk in and theres like 6 people sitting there at a table staring at me and asking me questions(mind you its the director and IMPORTANT ppl) and im goofy so Im making jokes, and so i leave and I'm thinking i drove almost 2 hours for..2 minutes..I'm thinking we are done so I change(i had on this little short dress) into jeans and a shirt to drive back. Im like 45 minutes from my house when i get a phone call "hey where are you, the director wants to see you" im like, im almost home. they deifnitely told me to turn around, so DAMN right i turned around and drove back to Tampa! i get there and they tell me I have the lead role! im like whaaatt??!! lol They basically told me they really liked my personality and they were looking for a girlfriend role. SO im super pumped! and they hit me with i have to be back at tampa at 6 a.m..im like sureee im so here at 6! lol


I get there and honestly i didnt know what I was getting myself into! I arrive at this mansion, and me ive never been in one before so I look like a little kid looking around! lol the first day started off with getting my hair done and make up. And doing like 4 scenes, one of the scenes I had the most trouble with was the couch scene because I had to be in boy shorts and a bra.( Im thinking my grandm is going to see this!! ::biting nails::) but the crew made it comfortable and very tasteful. plus my mom was on set! yes my mother, more like momager! shes amazing.
I just basically stayed to myself until it was my turn to shoot. 2 Pistols was such a cool guy to work with, funny and he made me feel comfortable, very down to earth guy. Didnt really get to talk to T-Pain much, he was always looking too busy, but im sure hes cool. Winky Wright an his wife was super nice! I remember when i was getting out her car she was like "be careful with my car" and i was like o i will its beautiful!" and she was like " your on your way to getting one!" Ethan Lader and Mr. Boomtown...AMAZING directors to work with! funny guys!
12 hours later, I'm dying, lol it was a wrap up for the night and the next day we did it again for another 12 hours! the next day was better because I was used to being in front of the camera, so it wasnt too new anymore. Mind you I have never acted before so it was all new to me!
Watching on tv till this day, a year later I still look at it and tell myself " Thats not me!!"
MORAL OF THE STORY...CALL OUT OF WORK! JUST PLAYING! =) Moral is that you never know so try it out, whats the worst that can happen? they say no, then you move on and keep trying harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment